healeys

CARPET COLOR QUESTION

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: CARPET COLOR QUESTION
From: George.Alexopoulos@beldencdt.com
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 23:29:15 -0500
Hi everyone,

I have a 1967 BJ8 MGB (Heritage certificate verified) with the red Ambla
Trim. The carpet that is currently in the car (or what is left of it) is
black and seems to be original as its texture is course and ply is rather
thick (unlike the many new carpet sets currently out there). Under the
carpet, their is the tar paper and jute which leads me to believe that it
is original.

However, after doing some research and reading books and the notes back and
forth, it seems that the trim was red with the MGB cars. Does this mean
that the carpets were also red as well?

So, it is now time to replace the carpet but I am not sure whether I should
go with red carpet (as the books seem to suggest) or go with black that I
think was original.

Unfortunately, the gentleman I bought the car from that owned the car since
1967, has passed on and I have no way of knowing what the real carpet color
was.

Any help would be really appreciated...

Regards,

George

67 BJ8
78 MGB
Privileged/Confidential Information of BeldenCDT may be contained in
this message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may
not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone.  In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail.

It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to
the official business of BeldenCDT are neither given nor endorsed by
BeldenCDT.