healeys

Re: my comments

To: i <eyera3@excite.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my comments
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:21:24 -0500 (EST)
While I don't know what led up to your decision, I am sorry you are leaving the
list due to a few obnoxious individuals.

  In my own case, I found many of the jokes on the list to be racist and just
plain rude, crude and lurid.  Actually, most are not funny at all.  I did what
you are doing a couple of years ago and simply reviewed the archives without
participating.  Only recently have I resubscribed and now I just hit my delete
and let those obnoxious individuals entertain themselves.

  Civility is a learned behaviour and obviously there are some on this list who
need a refresher course.   Leaving the list without exercising your "delete"
button does not help you; it just helps the boor get the upper hand.

  --Scott Morris  [ '62 MkII BT7 Tricarb-driver; '60 MkI BN7-project ]
Ontario  Canada

i <eyera3@excite.com> wrote:
  I understand that many of you were bothered by my comments. How nice to be in
the majority and have little regard for how others feel about stereotypes and
racist comments/jokes.

Funny, yes to many, have I ever told one, you bet, would I publically
tell one, no. I see that many of you disagree and feel that they are
fine, so be it, but do remind yourselves that this is an international
list, made up of many differnt folks. I have unsubscribed before due
to the petty personal attacks and comments, I know I have that option
again, so to the many who feel a god given right to express themselves no
matter who it offends, (that includes the person who told me to screw off), I
leave again, I understand that many, if you are still reading will wave their
flags and cheer.

I Erbs
Oregon, NW USA

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives