healeys

re: high engine oil pressure/oil sump gasket

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: high engine oil pressure/oil sump gasket
From: "Robert Bender" <rbender1@berkshire.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:20:45 -0500
Hi Manuel,

I can tell you from personal experience that if you get over zealous
applying Permatex to the gasket, the Permatex will indeed fill in the oil
return "dent" in the oil sump gasket surface.  This causes the oil to gather
behind the oil pressure relief, rendering in unable to "relieve". If that's
not clear you can email me offline.  I must have a special car.I've been
able to have water temperature register into the oil pressure part of the
gauge and oil pressure register into the water temperature part of the
gauge!!

                                      Bob Bender