healeys

Re: Late Fridaay Funnies

To: i <eyera3@excite.com>
Subject: Re: Late Fridaay Funnies
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:03:10 +0800
Ira -

Actually, as a person of various colors (I am half Chinese and 1/8 Cherokee,
then the rest is "Okie White Trash!") , I have to say I am a little burned
out with people who feel they need to defend the rights of people of color
at every turn.

Marion's joke was a light-hearted and frankly wasn't a play on any heinous
stereotypes.  In fact when I was in college, my roommate and I used to
always joke about making Nachos saying that "these are mine, they are
NACHOs" as a way to tell each other to get lost!

At the end of the day, I have discovered that pretty much everyone on the
planet gets the short end of the stick with racism or sexism sometime in
their life, including white males.  In fact, I got more racism than most in
the workplace because I never fit into a convenient race category that was
promotable.

The people who rise above this BS in society and.... seek not to make things
fair for everyone else (we know this will never happen) ... but seek ways to
simply make things right for themselves (and the people in their community),
are those who are worthy of my respect.

If you don't like the joke, trash it... but I just don't think there's a
need to get upset about a dumb joke and tell other people that they are
wankers for sending it out.

By the way, please don't leave the list, you are a great contributor!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

If I see something I don't like, or stereotypical, I believe