healeys

Re: Zero Oil Pressure - None

To: JACK NEWTON <jmnewt@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Zero Oil Pressure - None
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 18:23:38 -0600
JACK NEWTON wrote:

>Just installed my professionally rebuilt 4 Cyl engine in the BN-2.  Cranked
>it up and it ran fine but the oil pressure was nil.  Gauge checked out good
>with air pressure.  Pulled the oil pump and found no apparent problem there.
>Found minimal air flow thru the oilway between the oil filter and the port
>where the oil pressure line to the gauge is attached and found further that
>when cranking, oil would only ooze slowly from the block at the pressure
>line port.  Any ideas for further diagnostics?  I really do not want to pull
>that engine back out.

Two things you might try:
1. Call the professional and seek his advice. See if he is missing any
of his brushes he uses to clean galleries.
2. Connect air pressure hose at the oil pressure hole in the block and
reverse flow to see if blockage is removed.

Hope for the best otherwise the engine may have to come out.

Alan BJ8