healeys

scuttle shake

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: scuttle shake
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:38:23 -0500
In addition to balance and front suspension parts, do not overlook the tires
themselves.  My beast shook for years.  I had installed a set of beautiful
Michelins on new wire spokes, rebuilt the entire front suspension and the
steering parts and still had scuttle shake at 55 MPH and above.  The problem
was cured when the inside wall of one of my tires blew out. The tube
remained intact believe it or not. When I put my old spare on the scuttle
shake went bye bye. I now have a set of Cooper tires on the same wire rims
and have almost zero shake. Zero shake makes you love your beast even more.