healeys

Oil for Dashpots

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil for Dashpots
From: "Doug Newton" <dnewton@nappco.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:34:57 -0500
Hello Everyone-

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that you are
supposed to use SAE 20 wt. Oil

in the hollow chamber of the slide inside the Dashpot.

There may be some difference of opinion due to the varied climates that our
Healeys drive in, but I

thought that 20 wt was a happy medium for most conditions .

Another reason for this question is that I would like to stop paying $9.00
for a 4.2 OZ bottle from VB and

purchase quarts from another vendor if I could.

Please advise your thoughts and a 20 wt. oil vendor if my assumption is
correct.

Thanks- Doug

PS- I have tried local Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and NAPA Stores, but no one
stocks SAE 20 wt.