healeys

Not Healey, But Close

To: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not Healey, But Close
From: Russ Staub <bbb11489@azboss.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:56:52 -0700
Hi all,

I'm restoring a 1950 Austin Atlantic, which has the same Austin A90
engine as my '56 BN2.  I need new sill plate covers (decorative material
called "door shut face finishers" in the Moss catalogue)and was
wondering if any of you know of a source of ~0.025" thick embossed
aluminum (ium) sheet usable for making the sill plate covers.  The
original embossed pattern in the car was an approximately 3/8" long,
round ended diamond pattern.  The Healey sill plate covers (face
finishers) have a pattern of small dots, and I would even use this
material if I could find out where the manufacturers get their sheet
stock.  The exact pattern is not critical, although the closer to the
original the better.

TIA,

Russ Staub
'60 AN5