healeys

Re: Trip Home

To: <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Trip Home
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:55:02 -0700
Len,
Glad to hear you made it alright.  I'll bet it was a hot ride the last few
hours!  Good thing your spare tire was in good shape.  Cully and I had a great
day on our way home, as you've probably read on the Healey List.
Did you and Tracy's daughter win the Rally?  My money was on you.  We ran into
a number of the Rally participants including you on our way out of town via
Rt. 39.  Some looked confused.
Are you planning on going on the Russian River tour on July 31st?
I traveled a total of 950 miles on the trip and averaged 20.01 MPG.  Not bad
considering we went over Lassen Peak and cruised the last 180 miles from Red
Bluff to Walnut Creek at 65-70 MPH.  My rebuilt fuel pump faltered for about
three miles about 75 miles out of Klamath Falls, but I kept it going with a
little hammering and then it never acted up again.  As you may know, Cully's
clutch went limp Wednesday and Tracy was nice to help bleed it for us that
night.  It was fine after that.

Vrooom vrooom,
John