healeys

later 3000 question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: later 3000 question
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:55:41 -0400
Thanks for the feedback on BN7's and BJ8's. I think my wife's preference for
roll-up windows and fixed windshields owes from the days we sold our
flawless BJ8 off to buy an $800 '54 BN1 needed some slight cosmetic
attention. She was widowed for the next 12 months as the 100-4 stood on
blocks in a 10x20 storage unit, with me hovering over it 5 nights a week. It
was an ungraceful emergence from the cocoon... after 20 coats of Reno Red
lacquer, a new motor, etc., I drove it the apartment with the windshield
down to pick up Jean for the inaugeral ride. No sooner than we were past the
front gates, she opened her mouth to shout something and she caught a
low-flying and equally unlucky dragon fly. It was always an uneasy truce
between my wife and the Red Demon. I often got "Don't you remember when we
had a Healey with brakes?" Or "That was fun, but what about a top?"....

 When I got the M two years ago, I knew in short time the old debate would
rekindle, although Jean, 25 years the wise, is a little more closed-mouth on
our summer drives with the screen down. However, the lobbying for a
fixed-windshield Healey is stirring up, and who knows .. they're all great.
Which model she'll get is a bit in the air. It really doesn't matter as long
as I can rip along in the M on our outings trying to keep up (read:
pretending trying to keep up).

Allen