healeys

condolences

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: condolences
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 07:09:47 -0400
When I heard of terrorism in far places after 9-11, I sometimes wanted to
rationalize that "that's out there somewhere, not here". It came a little
closer yesterday, though. My older sister lives in London, and decided to go
to work half an hour early by bus through Charring Cross, missing the terror.
On 9-11, my baby sister, who worked in Building 7, one of the lower buildings
that fell, had decided to work from home that day, fortuitously missing the
hell of seeing one of the planes pass overhead into the tower and escaping a
crumbling building. My family twice spared, but barely, I now look upon
terrorism, regardless of its political intentions, as a personal attack on me,
and have upped my resolve to support those, younger and braver, who bravely
put their lives on the line to bring this madness to a speedier end.

Allen Miller