healeys

Re: leaky tach cable

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, Allen C Miller <acmiller@mhcable.com>,
Subject: Re: leaky tach cable
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:08:59 -0700
Wow! I just thought of something (Don't laugh, it happens.) I've had an
enormous amount of oil leaking on the left side of the engine of my 100. I
also noticed that the housing on my tach cable seems to be deteriorated to
the point where the steel portion is exposed and open to the atmosphere.
Could the oil be leaking past the seal in the tach drive and out of the
cable housing onto the side of the engine. That is about six possible
sources now.

Bill Lawrence