healeys

Re: How much is too much?

To: James Lea <clocks@midcoast.com>
Subject: Re: How much is too much?
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 06:41:31 +0800
James --

about 15 years ago I had a squeek for about a year until I checked the
front very carefully and realised that the front hub castle nut was
just a little too loose.  Added a shim or two, retightened it, and now
all is well.  I later figured out that what was happening was the hub
was sitting on the spindle just a hair crooked and the disk was coming
into contact on the back dust plate from time to time.

Regards,

Alan