healeys

tricarbs

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: tricarbs
From: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 06:11:15 -0400
I have been having trouble with float overflow. Carbs were all re-built
and functioned fine for several months. Vehicle sat for about a month,
when re-started float overflow on rear carbs. Disassembled rear float
chambers, cleaned and reduced float drop level, carbs functioned fine in
garage with car up to op. temp. went for a ride and one of rear floats
started to overflow again. Walked away some what irritated and left car
for about a week, re started and no leaks. I have not had a chance to
take a drive yet. A idea why on the road driving might cause the bowls
to overflow? Are they that sensitive that a little bumping around will
cause a problem, or is there something I am missing. Replaced everything
but the floats as they appeared not to leak, and have never found
evidence of fuel in the floats. Pump has also been rebuilt, is pump
pressure a issue       Kurt