healeys

Re: jaguar arrogance

To: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: jaguar arrogance
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:01:26 -0700
Lin,

Ed probably has a trailer queen.  So there take that!   I must say that
it is a compliment that one may have come to Healeys via the MG route.

If you have ever been to a MG event then you know this is a fabulous
group of folk.  Take the "Run for the Roses" for example.

A local rose grower and die hard MG buff once a year sponsored a run
that ended in a tour of his rose growing operation
near Watsonville CA.  That's half way between San Jose and Santa Cruz
for those on the right coast and points elsewhere.
He would provide roses for the ladies followed by a BBQ beer bash at his
private residence.  I tried to give him money but he
graciously refused.  All of the folks were keen to talk about the Healey
(I was the only one there) MGs, cars, where the best drives
were and just have a good time.  This wonderful man has now retired to
Hawaii where I am sure he is active with cars and the folk
that make our passion for them worth it all.  I highly recommend
crashing a Sorry Safari (the local MG gang) event if you live in Northern CA
Their motto is "I Told You We Were lost!".  You will be all smiles.

I have seen some really sharp silver Big Healeys.  One that stands out
in my mind is a silver (metallic) over grey (non-metallic).

If I can find a pic I will send it under a different cover.

Well back to the garage.  A few more things to button up and a test
drive with the new Smitty conversion.  If all goes well I'll enjoy a cold
one with you in Oregon.

Tracy