healeys

Update on my 100-Six

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on my 100-Six
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:02:17 -0600
As you may remember, I had to order a right sill set plus the right
front and left rear outriggers for my car the end of last month.  I
ordered them from Lynn at Classic Collectable Company.   The parts
were shipped directly to and installed by my paint and body guy a
couple of weeks ago.  Now that he has done the hard work, I asked him
what he thought of the quality of the parts.  He is very happy with
the fit an finish of the parts, and said the quality was great.  I
felt that the cost was good as well.  Definitely a recommendation.

Here are pics before the sills and outriggers were installed.

http://tinyurl.com/6jg82
http://tinyurl.com/64tqz

All of the body work is done and the car will be painted this week and
next.  I should have the car back in my garage in the next couple of
weekends, then its time for reassembly!  I am only getting it a few
weeks after time promised, and that is after some unexpected work was
needed.  I am crossing my fingers but I'm pretty happy, so far.

I need to go over to his shop and install the items that need to go on
with the wings off early next week.  I am planning on installing the
spears, heat shields (that I have to make) plus heater blower and
ducts at this time.  Anything else short of the wiring harness I
should do?

I got the remainder of the the door trim parts plus the carpet from
the local Moss reseller today.  I caught the first week of the Moss
upholstery sale, paired with my discount from him, so I only paid
$243.86 for the carpet, plus no s/h or Tax!!!  I had been waiting for
5 months for that special to hit, and the price is already back up to
$319.95!!!

EXCITING TIMES
Patton

--