healeys

BJ8 Glovebox lock assembly

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 Glovebox lock assembly
From: "Alan" <Alan@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:26:47 -0000
Hey Guys.
I am here with my begging bowl I'm afraid.
I am in the middle of converting my LHD BJ8 to RHD and hit on an item of
'unobtainium'.  When I came to remove the glovebox latching mechanism I
found that it had been bodged into the lid using epoxy resin.  The reason -
the threads on the chrome body are wrecked and the locking ring and grub
(set?)screw are missing. I just about ruined the glove box lid trying to
recover the lock body.  To compound the error, the cam finger that retracts
the latch when the button is depressed, is worn away.  That explains why it
was always tricky to get the box open.  My question - does anybody have a
BJ8 lock assembly or odd parts available.  I'll happily purchase the items
and cover all shipping to the UK.  I don't want to resort to gluing the
wreckage into my new RHD lid.

I have LHD bits available for swap if wanted.

Many thanks............
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk
            mailto:alan@nfahc.co.uk