healeys

Brake pad site

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake pad site
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:38:01 -0000
I have just purchased chrome & stainless spoked wheels for my MkII BT7.
These are the Dunlops 60 spokers which come from India and are sold in the
US by Moss.
Incidentally  and primarily for UK consumption (if any!)  the UK main
distributor (MWS) charges #25:00 more per wheel than does SC. (Another
dealer told me that SC are well known for selling chromes at under cost.
So work that out! I cant.
And  more incidentally  Id not realized that these wheels would be
heavier than my painted 60 spokers. Ive not weighed them, but they feel
significantly heavier. Not that I care.

So, has anyone tried these brake pads :-
http://www.powerstop.co.uk/

I came upon their ad in an oldish Revcounter which I have here. (I used to
subscribe. I corresponded with one of their committee once which put me
off.) Look at the site yourself. Im attracted by the lack of black brake
dust. My current wheels are filthy! Anyone know them or their product?
Try to look at their prices without the spectre of shipping costs or
exchange rates. To me, living in the UK, the products seem merely expensive,
rather than prohibitively crazy!
As to why the 61-64 pads are twice the cost of the 64-67 pads?????????
Any comments? Anyone tried them?

Simon Lachlan
Comfort House
Bradninch