healeys

BN7 Insulating Blocks

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BN7 Insulating Blocks
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:56:24 -0800
I am about to reinstall my rebuilt carbs on my BN7.  The original insulating
blocks that I took off were different from the ones sold by Moss.  My
original insulating blocks were 3/16" each and there were three stacked
under each carb (between the intake manifold and the heat shield) for a
total of six.  The originals are made of some type of plastic wood fiber
board.  The new ones I just got from Moss are black plastic and each is 1/4
inch thick (Moss part #696-000).  Obviously the old ones provided a bigger
gap but may not be as efficient as the new plastic ones at insulating the
carbs.  I would have just reused the old ones but they look bad and I don't
think I could get them to seal tight against each other.  The edges are
black from heat.  Are there other alternatives I should explore or just use
two of the new plastic ones in place of the three old ones?  Any opinions??
Ron