healeys

Different Healey Engine 3000 colors?

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Different Healey Engine 3000 colors?
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:12:37 -0600
Hi folks,

I was reading a story on a website and I noticed a dark green engine on a
3000. My 1960 BN7 had a sea foam green engine. I thought it was not original
when I got the car. I've done some engine work and I painted it the more
common green-ish gold. I've been told Healey used several engine colors but
the information is vague.

Is that dark green Frogeye engine color an original color on the 3000 also?
I am interested in finding out more on the different colors and why they
were different. I may go back to the sea foam when I restore the car. I am
not sure though because it will show more dirt. I plan to put a lot of miles
on the car.

I received my Heritage Certificate for the car but it does not tell me
anything on my engine color. It does show that the engine has the original
matching number.

Is there any sources on engine colors that were offered and why they were
different?

Thanks for the help and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Scott
Mashed 60 BN7
59 MGA

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!