healeys

Re: restoration question

To: jim.sylvester@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: restoration question
From: N0040@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:40:41 EST
Jim,

I used the Victoria British offering of the attached hyperlink for my BJ8
floors, and then ordered the attached mylar reinforced, aluminum faced blanket
through JC Whitney.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/p-394/c-10101

The second application was on both sides of the trans tunnel, which generates
almost as much heat as the floor above the muffler. With both inside and
outside insulated, you get quite a bit of sound reduction, and you can easily
rest
your leg against the tunnel without discomfort. Aluminum side face heat
source, foam side is glued to using 3M spray on adhesive. Material is easy to
cut
and shape to fit snuggly and neatly (won't be good for concours judging, just
comfort). Use aluminum tape to seal seams on underside of tunnel.

Regards,
Bob - BJ8
Milford, MI