healeys

Re: Engine Rebuild

To: ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 02:27:10 EST
In a message dated 12/17/2004 9:20:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ronhuseman@sbcglobal.net writes:
I'm interested in putting an audible/visible oil pressure indicator on my
newly-rebuilt BJ7 3000 engine. Has anyone out there ever done this, and if
so, can you suggest a product that you've used?
Ron--

If you mean an "idiot light"--yes I have one where my overdrive switch used
to be (5-speed installed).  I put it in after a nipple on the original oil pipe
between the pump and block sheered off and I was lucky to have been looking
at the OP guage as the needle fell.  I got the "normally open" switch set to
close at <15psi from Denis Welch and installed it between the block and flex
line.

You could use any light, buzzer or combination thereof that you want.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans