healeys

Re: Horn-s

To: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>,
Subject: Re: Horn-s
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:39:00 -0800 (PST)
I think he means the British version of the finger...
the salute the English longbowmen gave the French
during the 100 years war to demonstrate that the
French hadn't cut off their two draw fingers (i.e.
drawing the bow with).  In the UK this is as offensive
as the American one finger salute!  Others claim this
is a representation of the woman with legs spread
apart.

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8