healeys

Re: Question re Heater shutoff valve handle

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Question re Heater shutoff valve handle
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:48:19 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: davidwjones
To: Steve B. Gerow
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 10:47 PM

I had to replace the brass handle on mine. Rather than buy a new valve, I
bought some brass rod stock, and using a drill as a "lathe" I used small files
to reproduce the handle, using the original for reference. I put threads on
the attaching end with a die.
It was actually very easy. -Took about an hour.
I don't see why you could not do the same with a piece of mild steel rod
stock.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA