healeys

Re: Re Cleanup

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re Cleanup
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:11:22 -0700
[It looks as if I missed trailers lurking far, far down the quotes, so
here is a repost just for healeys listees.  -R]

I went to the  website for Simple Green.  Here is what I found in
their FAQ section concerning aluminum.  You should draw your own
conclusions.
-Roland

<Aluminum - Is it safe to use Simple Green on aluminum?
<Simple Green products have been successfully and safely used on
aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over
20 years. However, caution and common sense must be used: Aluminum is
a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water.
The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green or Crystal Simple
Green can accelerate the corrosion process. Therefore, contact times
of All-Purpose Simple Green and Crystal Simple Green with unprotected
or unpainted aluminum surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will
allow - never for more than 10 minutes. Large cleaning jobs should be
conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time.
Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying
special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all
Simple Green/Crystal Simple Green residues. Unfinished, uncoated or
unpainted aluminum cleaned with Simple Green products should receive
some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation.