healeys

Re: valve cover oil leak-your solution

To: andy65 <andy65@snet.net>
Subject: Re: valve cover oil leak-your solution
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:39:19 -0600
Hi Andy,

Gaskets eventually take a set after enough heat & time & lose their
resiliency. The fact that you have very old sealer must mean that the
gasket is very old also. I glue the gasket to the head with a permanent
type sealer & use "Hylomar HPF" on the top side to permit easy removal
of the cover & reuse of the gasket which stays intact on the head.

Dave Russell
BN2

andy65 wrote:
> Am getting some oil leakage around the rear of the valve cover 1965 BJ8.
> What's your experience in stopping leaks there?  Do you use gasket sealer?
> Just on bottom the valve cover gasket or top and bottom?   What type?
>
> Oil pressure is good and am not burning oil so I think the rockers are ok.
> I have admittedly very old sealer on the bottom of the gasket only.
>
> Andy

Check out the new British Cars Forum: