healeys

Re: $200,000 55 BN1.

To: "Eric \(Rick\) Wilkins" <wilko2@cox.net>
Subject: Re: $200,000 55 BN1.
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
Rick -

These are the same type of people who would probably
think we are psycho for worrying about what was the
right widget-macallit for a '56 BN4 w/ Westlake Head
and Dunlop disc brakes, when you can buy a perfectly
good new Toyota Corolla with "phat" rims for the same
price.  Shiny & red = best quality for 50% of the
buying public!  Maybe if we get Monster Garage to have
them convert a '61 MkI into the world's fastest baby
stroller, we'd get more respect.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--- "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <wilko2@cox.net> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure we've seen that car show up in
> discussions here before.
> It is no way of the "Austin Healey snctioned" group
> of cars. It bear no
> resemblance to anything that would pass true Healey
> scrutineers.
>
> It's very red with lots of shiny bits of the "wrong"
> color and
> textures. It has been called the "best Austin Healey
> in the World" by
> some in the motoring press.
>
> Rick
> San Diego
>
> On Oct 3, 2004, at 5:40 PM, tom felts wrote:
>
> > Just finished reading a newspaper article from a
> North Jersey newspaper
> > (July 18, 04) in which the article talkes about
> the restoration and
> > many
> > top wins for a 100/4.  Owner is Fred Tebbenhoff.
> I personally don't
> > know
> > the gentleman.  Anyway, the article mentions the
> car has been invited
> > many prestigious automobile shows around the
> country.   The ultimate
> > was an
> > invite to show it at the Louis Vuitton Classic in
> NY's Rockefeller
> > Center
> > in 1999.  Only 50 cars are invited to this!
> >
> > The article said that the estimated value of it
> was $200,000!!!!
> >
> > What does that do the value of a top 100S?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: