healeys

Permacel tape

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Permacel tape
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:11:52 +0200
Friends,
Is there anyone in the USA who may be able to help me?  I'm driving a
1996 Citroen XM Estate which is an excellent car but with a few flaws.
One of these is the black plastic protecting edge on the doors and mud
guards with a chromium strip in the middle. After a few years this '
chromium' strip starts to deteriorate and the only solution (apart from
buying complete new strips for about US$ 1,000) is to fit a chromium
self adhesive strip over the center part. One of the members of the XM
club here in Holland got hold of some Permacel tape a few years ago and
he states the tape holds out tremendously well. One tiny problem: this
tape is not marketed or sold in Europe, as far as I can trace., and
another problem is the quantity. I only need some 20 yards of 1" wide
chromium tape (or wider). Anyone among the AH drivers who has
connections in the field of industrial tapes? I will, of course, gladly
pay the (reasonable!) costs. Look forward to any news.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432
1976 BMW 75/6
1996 Citroen XM Break