healeys

Oil pressure

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil pressure
From: "Kenny Johnson" <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:36:04 -0700
Earlier today, on the way to a car show in Sacramento, the engine started to
ping after about 30 miles.   This is the second trip for the car since
restoration.  I noticed the oil pressure was near zero.  I pulled over to a
safe place off the freeway.  The engine has about 40 miles on since the
rebuild.   The oil pump was new when installed.  Unfortunately, the car was
towed home.  After getting it home, I started the car and got about 20 lbs
on the gauge. Could the engine have suffered any damage?  Anyone have any
suggestions about the oil pressure?

Kenny

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!

Check out the new British Cars Forum: