healeys

RE: spark plug gap

To: "Dennis Broughel" <brougheldp@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spark plug gap
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:58:37 +0200
Dennis,

I installed the ignitor some time ago and widened the spark plug gap from .026"
to .028". Car runs fine with this setting. The wider gap with the resulting
longer spark is recommended because the gas is burnt more efficiently. Your
ignition system can handle the wider gap due to the higher voltage.

Regards

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany

Dear list:
    I just installed a petronix ignitor in my distributor, and it works well. I
have a Longbridge  six cylinder with a DM6A distributor.  I used a petronix
part number LU 165 and it was a very easy install. My question is with my new
pointless Ignition and  40,000 volt sport coil what should I  gap my spark plug
to, I under stand the gap should be widened.
as always thanks in advance
Dennis Broughel

Dennis Broughel
brougheldp@earthlink.net