healeys

Re: French (No Technical Content)

To: "Dave & Marlene" <rusd@velocitus.net>, "WAS" <Waschu2@charter.net>
Subject: Re: French (No Technical Content)
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:53:23 -0400
WAS wrote:
> This forum is about Healeys if you cannot stay focused on the topic
> please go away. Take your history lessons and bickering somewhere else.

Far be it from me to dictate what I think should or should not be written on
this forum, I can only speak for myself.

Rather than being just about Healeys, I'd like to think that it is about
Healey people too. I have generally found Healey people to be complex,
intelligent, thoughtful people, many of them with a great deal of life
experience. I am interested in their experiences their travels, their Healey
knowledge and within reason, their opinions. I think they have more to offer
than the torque-spec on a head bolt.

Maybe I am wrong, honestly, but the team.net describes this as a virtual car
club. At my car club, our discussions go beyond what grade of oil we use. WAS,
I understand your intent, and I agree that this is primarily about our
interest in the cars, but provided it does not become too frequent as to
become a nuisance, and off track messages are clearly marked "No
Healey/Technical Content" they can easily be deleted if one is not interested.
Of course flames and rudeness should be avoided.

While I may not agree, I sometimes like to read the opinions of other owners
even if off topic. -And a lot of them are distant enough that I may never have
the opportunity to meet them in person.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA