healeys

Re: BJ8 Nuts and Bolts

To: "GARY MOOMAU" <moomau@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: BJ8 Nuts and Bolts
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:37:22 -0400
Gary,
When I completely took apart my BT7, I took all of the nuts bolts screws clips
washers tiny-brackets etc. I put them all in separate plastic bags with notes
indicating the assy they belonged to. ---But then, I realized that if I was
going to get them all cad-plated, they would all have to be thrown into a big
plastic bucket, and the bags/notes would do no good!!!
...So as I went through each bag, and wire wheeled and restored the threads
etc before tossing them in the bucket, I used a micrometer and thread sizing
tool, made rudimentary drawings, and logged measurements into a notebook..
That grease stained tattered much annotated ring binder notebook is still
around here somewhere....

My point is that maybe one of the restorers out there has a similar notebook
for the BJ8. Then with a micrometer, bolt and screw sizer, and a thread gauge,
you can probably sort it out....   But I have to say, that even once I had
broken all of the freshly plated hardware into sub-categories (lg washers, sm
washers, etc) retrieving the correct stuff for each assy was a real pain!!!

But what the heck, you said you're retired now, right? Sounds like a great
project. Hope you find the records you need, and keep us posted!

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA