healeys

Healey "Parade" Leaders

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey "Parade" Leaders
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:30:30 -0400
At the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix yesterday, several Healey owners were
asked to lead and chauffeur the event dignitaries on a parade lap.  this
was quite an honor for our babies since there were any number of classics
cars there to choose from.  Well-----they did invite my E-Type and a TR6 as
well---but mostly Healeys!

I felt honored to haul a US Congressman around---------in the E.  Nice
person!  Tim Murphy, 18th District, Pa.  He loved the cars.  Oh, and I got
a plug in for my favorite political party---which shall remain anonymous.
I actually let someone else drive my Healey---but it was my wife's boss, so
all is well:)

Great event!  Jim Smith in his 100/4 (#102) held his own with the other
over 2 liter cars and provided us with a great display of racing on very
wet city streets!

Thanks Jim for being there!

tom