healeys

Brake Lines; was Re: Smitty Problem

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Lines; was Re: Smitty Problem
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:58:32 -0700
What about the Cu/Ni alloy Dave mentioned?  Any experiences with this?

I have a set of lines purchased at Moss on sale a year or so ago.  They were
made by this outfit:

http://www.automec.co.uk/

They have quite a bit of data and claim to be used on Aston-Martins, among
others.  I got some burst pressure numbers from them and the material appears
to be comparable to steel in strength.

I know some swear by stainless steel, but isn't stainless somewhat brittle?

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net