healeys

Re: Senate AB2683 analysis

To: "'healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Senate AB2683 analysis
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:09:07 -0700 (PDT)
Mike -

There are two types of polution - visible (unburnt
hydrocarbons) and invisible (CO2 - green house
gasses).

The proportion between the two varies depending on how
"clean" you car is, but at the end of the day the
total wieght of carbon your car puts in the atmosphere
is directly correspondent to your gas mileage.

California laws and regulation are totally focused on
the "visible" pollution... but totally ignores
invisible pollution (CO2 - greenhouse gas).  So all it
means are the greens are erroneously focused on
visible pollution... when in the long run its the
invisible pollution that matters.

The only way to fix this is to drive cars that get
better mileage... if you drive an SUV that gets 10
MPG, for example, eventhough the car may be "clean" in
terms of visible pollution... it will still pump more
than twice as much carbon into the atmosphere than my
BN1 that gets 25 MPG.  Nothing complicated here...
what goes in must come out.

Just because a car is complient with environmental
regulation doesn't make it any better or worse for the
environment... the mileage it gets is the only thing
that matters.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8