healeys

How much paint to buy

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: How much paint to buy
From: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:25:00 -0700
Hello,   I'm slowly getting ready to paint my BN7 starting with the
frame and inside surfaces of the panels.  I am going to use a single
stage Dupont paint (Healey Ice Blue) and do the work myself at home.
 Later I will probably farm out the painting of the exterior with a two
stage paint.  The question is how much paint to buy for the frame and
inside panels.  I think the paint is mixed 1 to 1 with it's hardener so
if I buy 1 gal of paint it mixes to 2 gals.  Should that be enough?  If
I run short it will be on the inside of some panel where it won't show.
   The next question is how much paint should I buy for the exterior?
 I've been told that the price for the paint I want is going up 20% on
July 1 so I wanted to buy it now even though I doubt I will actually use
it for several months.
Thanks for any help.
Ron