healeys

Flywheel weights

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel weights
From: "Ray Juncal" <gonzo18@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:34:21 -0700
List
    Some time ago we had a thread about light flywheels and their effect on
performance.  Lighter = quicker response but trades off some drivability,
heavy = smooth idle, easy off the line starts, against slower pick up on
opening the throttle.  In that discussion someone said that you could just use
a six cylinder wheel on a 100-4 as it was already lighter.  Did I get that
right?  Are the wheels interchangeable.  Also I never saw specs. on  weight.
So could someone answer the questions below?

1.  weight of 100-4 stock wheel.
2.  weight of six cyl. stock wheel or wheels if they are not all the same.
3.  weight range of a moderately lightened street wheel for 4 & 6 cyl.
engines.
4.  weight range of a race wheel for 4 & 6 cyl. engines.

Thanks
Ray Juncal
Toot toot!