healeys

BN2 Temperature Question

To: Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN2 Temperature Question
From: Russ Staub <bbb11489@azboss.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:24:51 -0700
Hi All,

I was out yesterday in my BN2, cruising the free-way at a mid-afternoon
cool 104F (Phoenix). After about 10 or 15 miles at 65 to 70 mph, the
temp gauge slowly but steadily rose to about 210F.  As I was getting a
little nervous about the slow but consistent rise in the temperature
reading, I decided to pull off the freeway and try the surface streets
and head for home.  To my surprise, the temp gauge slowly but steadily
lowered to about 195F, where it held the rest of the way home (about
another 15 miles).

What might that indicate, heading for boiling at 65 to 70 mph, and
cooling to 195F at 40 to 45 mph.?

Just wondering,

Russ Staub
'60 Bugeye