healeys

Rear Hubs on eBay

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Hubs on eBay
From: "Craig and Sue Rice" <craigsuerice@iquest.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:59:47 -0500
Listers,

Ref: BN1 Rear Hubs, eBay # 7903524357, auction ends June 5, 2004, at 1400PDT.

I purchased these same hubs from the same seller in December, 2003.
When dry fitted to a new Dayton wheel, the spline engagement was quite sloppy.
This kind of fit will destroy a new wheel; especially on the rear.

On January 15 the following was sent to the seller:

"Over the past five days several people in the automobile restoration &
racing community have examined the BN1 Hubs.  Two of these folks are
involved with aircraft and we used their inspection tools to determine the
condition of these hubs.  Using an optical comparator to examine a new hub,
a new wheel, a used wheel, and your hubs, it was determined that the your
hubs look OK to the untrained eye, but are not suitable for use on a vehicle
for street use."

The seller offered to refund the purchase price and I ate the shipping in both
directions.
Now they are being offered again.  You Don't want them.

Craig Rice
BN1 & BN2