Re: Range Check error?

To: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Range Check error?
From: The MacLeods <lmacleod@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 08:44:04 -0400
Byron Short wrote:

> 1.  Go to Setup | Data and make sure that you have a check in the box
> for "Display Raw Unadjusted Data".

Yep, got that.

> 2.  Check to verify that your Palm had a valid calibration string on it
> when you did the recording.

I hadn't done a recent calibration (definitely not the day of the recording).
  But the displayed calibration string is:  1A18A13B36B64

Do I need to do it again just because it had been so long?  Maybe it's
something with that?

> 3.  If it's neither of the above, then I would look for either a bad
> piece of data in the download from Palm to PC (but this isn't too likely
> to occur on more than one run.

I tried to re-download the runs, but that didn't help.

Here's some more info.  I took 4 runs on Sunday, but GEEZ recorded six.  The
first one is probably from my grid spot to the start line (37 seconds), but
never deleted itself.  What's wierd is that one doesn't give me any error!?!
So something with a low-load run let it work okay.  The other 5 runs all give
the error.  I'm not sure which one of the last 5 wasn't from a racing run.

Also, these were fresh batteries in the palm just after a complete palm
re-boot and hot-sync (had dead batteries).  The battery in the GEEZ was also a
fresh 9v.

I'm running the Pro in Toledo this weekend and plan to try again.  This time
I'll do a full calibration right before I hit autostart to see if that helps.

-Larry