Re: Recording in a Kart (and to a Palm)

To: "The MacLeods" <lmacleod@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Recording in a Kart (and to a Palm)
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:33:01 -0700
Another customer just purchased a Palm 705 (?) which has the
USB port, and he bought an aftermarket serial cable for it.
He said it works great.

I'm not surprised at that, btw.  We find the best USB to
Serial adapter for your PC to be the PalmConnect USB Kit.
They understand this stuff, and their stuff generally works
really well.

So yeah, we have other users using the newer higher up Palms
which are both 4.0 and USB, but they do it through a serial
cable.  (I gotta buy one of these high end Palms and see how
it works...)

If anyone else has connected with a 505 or 705, let us know
exactly what cable you used...

--Byron

The MacLeods wrote:

> Byron Short wrote:
>
> > The other "Palm" machines have different problems so far.
> > The Sony Clio's use USB ports, not serial.
>
> I think the higher Palms do, too.  Is that a problem if I just buy a serial
> cable to connect to the palm?
>
> What about Palm O/S ver 4.0 and higher?  The m100 uses Palm O/S ver. 3.5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Larry MacLeod

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list