offset data and My laptop parallel port quit?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: offset data and My laptop parallel port quit?
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:02:39 EDT
The runs I stored this weekend all looked fine except for one. I think it did
the autostart cal while the car was moving. All of the data is offset to a
strong right turn. All of my other runs show a sustained G of 1.18 left and
1.16 right or somewhere close in that range. This one run shows 1.7 G's right
and only .6 G's left. I need to offset the data between .5 and .6 G's to the
left to make the map look right. Looking at the graphs, it is obviously the
same course, all of the forces and times are very close to the other runs,
but the usage and aggressiveness numbers seem out of line. The map is just a
bunch of right hand loops. The map adjust only lets me go to  +or- 0.10 G so
it is not even close to correcting this error. Does anyone have an idea how I
can fix this to make it readable?

On another note, I had to look at my data on a different computer. I have had
my GEEZ setup for over a year now with the same laptop and Palm and it has
worked flawless except for dead batteries from time to time. I had not used
it in a couple months since I was using my laptop at work. I used the Palm
and stored a bunch of runs this past weekend, and when I tried to view them
later, it said it was in demo mode and I needed a dongle. Hmmm, it was there
in the parallel port. I normally plug into my printer through my ethernet,
but I will try the pinter direct just to see if the port is still working. I
have not changed any software on the machine so I doubt it is a driver
problem.

I downloaded the newest version of the software and loaded it on my home
machine and it worked perfect with the dongle so I know I didn't trash that.
My laptop does take alot of abuse, one of the speakers is all distorted from
a small drop, but the screen and drives all lived fine. I doubt the parallel
port would quit before many other things on it. If the port does not work on
my printer, I will have to get that fixed, but if it does work, what could be
causing this? I am running Windows 98 and it has worked fine from day one til
just now.

Gary M.

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list