Re: Minimum HW specs

To: Mike Shields <mshields@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Minimum HW specs
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 08:48:37 -0600
>What would be a good speed/processor machine to run Geez on? Is it
>something you really want a fast machine for to do the adjustments or is
>that not necessary?

It works fine on my P166MMX laptop.  What is most important is screen
real estate IMHO.  If you start to open multiple runs, it is nice to
have megapixels so that you don't have to shrink each map, or overlay
them.   I much prefer using my 1800x1440 display at work, to my 1024x768
display on my laptop, though it is fine for, in the field, or on the
plane work :)

While I have the floor for talking about multiple machines, the dongle
is a major PITA.  I can understand the need to protect your investment,
but I think dongles are overkill.  I have my GEEZ data shared over the
net and use 3 systems to view GEEZ: my home desktop, my laptop, and my
work desktop.  Remembering to always move the dongle between the 3 is a
pain, and I fear sooner or later it will be lost in the field in spite
of how careful I am with it.   I kinda view the GEEZ cube as a dongle
for me anyway.  I don't really need two ;)  (Yes I know GEEZ works with
other accelerometers already.)  However, I would think that software
protection schemes would be sufficient given our community.  I mean how
many autoxers are really going to steal from Byron?!?

Todd