Newbie questions...

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie questions...
From: David Guard <david.guard@sdrc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:43:10 -0400
Geez Users, Byron,

I am considering a purchase of the Geez software and have a
couple of questions. I am trying to picture just how I would
use this technology at an event and after. I have reviewed the
walk-thru on the Web site.

I have a G-Analyst that I have been using for a couple of years.
I understand the Geez software works with this data output.
With the G-Analyst, I get R/L g-loads, Gas/Brake g-loads and
a total vector g-load (a summation of the other two). When I
replay the G-Analyst data between runs I primarily look at
the R/L G's. I can get all 3 strip charts displayed on my PC
but the hand held G-Analyst unit only display one at a time.

The Geez software plots out the entire course on one screen. I
would look for gaps between the r/l g-loads and gas/brake
g-loads to see where I can push harder. Right ?

How do I see where there are valleys in a corner ? If I'm
driving a sweeper as two turns instead of one continuous
corner (as I should), the G-Analyst will show smooth on set of
g-loading entering a turn, a dip in the middle of the turn and
smooth transition out of a turn. How does the Geez display
show this ?

Does it highlight low G turns by some color coding scheme ?

After an event I'll download the gdata to my desktop PC to
for further review. The is does not help that particular event
obviously, but it may show a pattern across runs that I can
work on in the future (like the dip in the middle of a sweeper).
Can I load the software on a laptop for use at the events and
my desktop for post race review ?

What kind of laptop do I need. My Tandy 1000 needs to be replaced
and probably wouldn't run the software anyway. I'll be shopping
for a 486 or an early pentium laptop. What recommendations do
you have ? Color display comes to mind. Is there a minimum spec ?
What else ?

Is there a demo version (with data) available for download ?

Thanks,

Dave Guard
#31 ESP '93 Cobra CENDIV