RE: Some thoughts on recent threads...

To: Geez List <geez@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Some thoughts on recent threads...
From: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:49:31 -0500
> Third:
>
> Since I've been dumb enough to forget a couple of times; Byron, please add
> "UP" to the end of the calibration button labels on the Palm Calibrate
> program as a reminder (ie "Left Side UP").

Byron, count me in on this one.  I too have forgotten whether the left side of
the cube
should be up or down when calibrating.  Not a real problem because I can tell
from
the 4 digit numbers in the calibration string that I didn't do it right, but it
would be nice
to have a little reminder in the label.

> Fourth:
>
> Delorme (of mapping fame) sells a short, 8 inch cable for use with it's
> Earthmate and Tripmate GPS systems that works perfectly with the GeezCube.
> No other adapters required.  Sorry, I forget how much it cost me.

Brent, is this an 8 inch cable to connect the Palm to the Geez power module or
is it for some other function?

> Fifth:
>
> I'd like to hear other opinions about the value of having the laptop in the
> car.  I'm still undecided.  I like the idea of reviewing my run before the
> next one, but I don't seem to be fluent enough with the software yet to make
> a good interpretation in the time between runs.  Is this hopeless, or do I
>just need more practice?

I found it hopeless to try and review a run on a PC between runs.  The LCD
screens make most laptops hard to view outside (even in the shade of a car)
and I've found that I have enough to concentrate on with regards to the course
and mistake I know I made.  For me, Geez is used to review my runs at home
and figure out the consistent problems I have.  That way, I can concentrate
on fixing those problems when I'm at the event.

John "No, not that one" Engstrom