fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 port injection on Microsquirt

To: Brian Dolan <bdolan1776@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 port injection on Microsquirt
From: Bob Kramer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 07:35:40 -0500
Cc: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000dc08c905c805ff47

We've done pretty well over the years, right up until we didn't. I'm pretty
sure we finished more than we DNF'd, but I have selective memory issues and
haven't been on every race team. We've had a few big failures overall, but
mechanically the car is up to it.  We did have a ring and pinion fail at
COTA. That could happen on the highway. That was years after we smoked a
diff early on in the summer heat at TWS before we realized that GL4 is
great for 20 minute vintage races but not for 8 hours straight. The heat
melted the poly diff mounts!  Aggressive dives are to be avoided as more
modern cars have us both on the acceleration and the braking. The front end
of a fiberglassed fendered TR6 is no match for the right rear 1/4 of a BMW
M3. More recently a 50 year old rocker called it quits. I'm sure there are
other fails I have blocked out.

Most of our problems can be traced back to our Lemon's roots and our build
it out of the scrap bin mentality. The wheels are hand me down American
Racing slots and we have more than once forgotten the fact that we needed
wheel spacers or the shouldered nuts would bottom out. We had to clean out
the repurposed fuel cell to remove disintegrating foam at the first race.
Street gas is different than race fuel. Over a decade later we have a
decent engine (about to become more responsive to throttle input), a close
ratio J-type, CV joint rear axles, fiberglass fenders and doors, and a very
trick removable front 1/2 clip from the BMW wars. We also found a couple of
TR6 manuals that list the TR6 as having a 13.5 gallon fuel tank.  I have
never been able to put much more than 11 in a stock tank, but whatever, the
rules allow us 2 gallon over stock specs and since we are counting the 71"
TR6 inner fender expansion tank as another 1/2 gallon we are putting in a
16 gallon fuel cell.  We figure we are good for 2 hour stints. At least the
car is.

Bob Kramer

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 7:53 PM Brian Dolan via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> This is a fascinating concept. Triumph endurance! ;)
>
> Brian Dolan
>
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 7:42 PM James Palmer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Greg, as someone who is also building a TR6 endurance race car, I=E2=80=
=99d love
>> to follow along!
>>
>> Jamie Palmer
>>

>> > On Jul 25, 2021, at 7:06 PM, Greg Blake via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > =EF=BB=BFGuys,
>> >
>> > Bob Kramer and I are converting the Texas endurance race car over to
>> port fuel injection. Was wondering if anyone in this group might have a
>> base fuel and an ignition map they can share as a starting point.
>> >
>> > The car has 10:1 compression and a Good Parts GP3 cam.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Greg
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tr6driver@yahoo.com

:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/bdolan1776@gmail.com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rkramer56@gmail.com

--000000000000dc08c905c805ff47

=C2=A0we didn&#39;t. I&#39;m pretty sure we finished more than we DNF&#39;d=
,=C2=A0but I have selective=C2=A0memory issues and haven&#39;t been on ever=
y race team. We&#39;ve had a few big failures overall, but mechanically the=
 car is up to it.=C2=A0 We did have a ring and pinion fail at COTA. That co=
uld happen on the highway. That was years after we smoked a diff early on i=
n the summer heat at TWS before we realized that GL4 is great for 20 minute=
 vintage races but not for 8 hours straight. The heat melted the poly diff=
=C2=A0mounts!=C2=A0 Aggressive dives are to be avoided as more modern cars =
have us both on the acceleration and the braking. The front end of a fiberg=
lassed fendered TR6 is no match for the right rear 1/4 of a BMW M3. More re=
cently a 50 year old rocker called it quits. I&#39;m sure there are other f=
ced back to our Lemon&#39;s roots and=C2=A0our build it out of the scrap bi=
n mentality. The wheels are hand me down American Racing slots and we have =
more than once forgotten the fact that we needed wheel spacers or the shoul=
dered nuts would bottom out. We had to clean out the repurposed fuel cell t=
o remove disintegrating=C2=A0foam at the first race. Street gas is differen=
t than race fuel. Over a decade later we have a decent engine (about to bec=
ome more responsive to throttle input), a close ratio J-type, CV joint rear=
 axles, fiberglass fenders and doors, and a very trick removable=C2=A0front=
 1/2 clip from the BMW wars. We also found a couple=C2=A0of TR6 manuals tha=
t list the TR6 as having a 13.5 gallon fuel tank.=C2=A0 I have never been a=
ble to put much more than 11 in a stock tank, but whatever, the rules allow=
 us 2 gallon over stock=C2=A0specs and since we are counting the 71&quot; T=
R6 inner fender expansion tank as another 1/2 gallon we are putting in a 16=
 gallon fuel cell.=C2=A0 We figure we are good for 2 hour stints. At least =
ignature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Bob Kramer</d=
r=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 7:53 PM Brian Dolan =
via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt=
; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px=
 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div di=
r=3D"auto">This is a fascinating concept. Triumph endurance! ;)</div><div d=
v class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Jul 2=
5, 2021 at 7:42 PM James Palmer via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.tea=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Greg, as someone who is also bui=
lding a TR6 endurance race car, I=E2=80=99d love to follow along!<br>
Jamie Palmer<br>
&gt; On Jul 25, 2021, at 7:06 PM, Greg Blake via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:=
fot@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BFGuys,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Bob Kramer and I are converting the Texas endurance race car over to p=
ort fuel injection. Was wondering if anyone in this group might have a base=
 fuel and an ignition map they can share as a starting point. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; The car has 10:1 compression and a Good Parts GP3 cam. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Greg<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team=
.net</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.t=
eam.net/pipermail/fot" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team=
.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/f=
ot/tr6driver@yahoo.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/fot/tr6driver@yahoo.com</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/bdolan1776@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/fot/bdolan1776@gmail.com</a><br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/rkramer56@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/fot/rkramer56@gmail.com</a><br>

--000000000000dc08c905c805ff47--