fot

[Fot] More Free Stuff

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] More Free Stuff
From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 20:52:21 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2617200_409803749.1612644741569

When Paul Trapp did some very significant dyno work for me years ago, he se=
t up a special cam gear, which we could use to vary cam timing between dyno=
 runs, without having to tear down the front end of the engine.=C2=A0 Basic=
ally, he elongated the bolt holes so we could change the cam timing by just=
 loosening the bolts, moving the gear to the desired timing and tightening =
the bolts.=C2=A0 I no longer have need for this modified cam gear, and woul=
d be happy to give it to someone who can use it during their dyno runs.=C2=
=A0 I did not use this gear in a race engine (just on the dyno).
With only this gear, you would still have to remove the timing cover to cha=
nge the timing.=C2=A0 So, Paul also made me a modified timing cover (curren=
tly listed on Ebay) with an access hole over the timing gear bolts and a 6 =
bolt cover over the access hole.=C2=A0 To do this, he had to weld a ring on=
 the inside of the cover and drill & tap it for the cover bolts to screw in=
to.=C2=A0 A rather complicated, but very professional job.
I'm not going to give this modified valve cover away, because of the effort=
 that went into the modification.=C2=A0 However, I don't know of anyone els=
e who has made this kind of a modification.=C2=A0 If you want to do multipl=
e dyno runs and try various cam timing settings in a single day, this combi=
nation will help you do it.=C2=A0 If you just want the cam gear, let me kno=
w and I will ship it to you.=C2=A0 If you are interested in both the gear a=
nd the modified timing cover, let me know, and I will work with you on a pa=
ckage price.=C2=A0 I'd like to see someone get these, who can put them to u=
se again.
.Best regards.
Jack

------=_Part_2617200_409803749.1612644741569

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">When Paul Trapp did some very significant dy=
no work for me years ago, he set up a special cam gear, which we could use =
to vary cam timing between dyno runs, without having to tear down the front=
 end of the engine.&nbsp; Basically, he elongated the bolt holes so we coul=
d change the cam timing by just loosening the bolts, moving the gear to the=
 desired timing and tightening the bolts.&nbsp; I no longer have need for t=
his modified cam gear, and would be happy to give it to someone who can use=
 it during their dyno runs.&nbsp; I did not use this gear in a race engine =
div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">With only this gear, you would still =
have to remove the timing cover to change the timing.&nbsp; So, Paul also m=
ade me a modified timing cover (currently listed on Ebay) with an access ho=
le over the timing gear bolts and a 6 bolt cover over the access hole.&nbsp=
; To do this, he had to weld a ring on the inside of the cover and drill &a=
mp; tap it for the cover bolts to screw into.&nbsp; A rather complicated, b=
/div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I'm not going to give this modi=
fied valve cover away, because of the effort that went into the modificatio=
n.&nbsp; However, I don't know of anyone else who has made this kind of a m=
odification.&nbsp; If you want to do multiple dyno runs and try various cam=
 timing settings in a single day, this combination will help you do it.&nbs=
p; If you just want the cam gear, let me know and I will ship it to you.&nb=
sp; If you are interested in both the gear and the modified timing cover, l=
et me know, and I will work with you on a package price.&nbsp; I'd like to =
see someone get these, who can put them to use again.</div><div dir=3D"ltr"=
------=_Part_2617200_409803749.1612644741569--

--===============7939582304923999417==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com