fot

Re: [Fot] cracked block

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] cracked block
From: rek46 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:32:52 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_673575_693195564.1606084372261

ask him if " pinning it " would help=C2=A0In a message dated 11/22/2020 5:1=
3:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, fot@autox.team.net writes:=C2=A0
Hey AmichiFigured as I need to keep busy I'd start stripping a motor to pre=
p as back up race motor build this winter. And as I'm razer blading the blo=
ck surface so I could take decking measurements I see a crack in the water =
jacket through the RR head stud hole out to the block exterior. (SOB!!! lin=
k to pics) I've heard of blocks being welded and have some recollection=C2=
=A0that this stud is a weak spot? Don't know anything about the motor/block=
, was donated to me, it did have antifreeze in it when I started working on=
 it, so? Interesting how it travels from the jacket through the stud hole a=
nd continues out to the exterior. Does not appear to run deep, maybe an inc=
h or so.=C2=A0Anywise, looking for comments. I'll be talking to my machinis=
t as well and depending on comments and his thoughts=C2=A0will have it clea=
ned and thoroughly inspected and magged.=C2=A0Lastly, damper dudes or dampe=
r doc, or ? for damper rebuilds?=C2=A0Thanks FriendsBe Careful out thereBri=
an
--=C2=A0Brian Schirano585-305-0349_________________________________________=
______
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

------=_Part_673575_693195564.1606084372261

font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">
color: #000000;">ask him if " pinning it " would help</span></div>
color: #000000;">&nbsp;</span></div>
In a message dated 11/22/2020 5:13:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
up race motor build this winter. And as I'm razer blading the block surface so
I could take decking measurements I see a crack in the water jacket through the
RR head stud hole out to the block exterior. (SOB!!! <a
href="https://photos.app.goo.gl/4ArkTSrR3q7Zep2YA"; target="_blank"
rel="nofollow noopener">link to pics</a>) I've heard of blocks being welded and
have some recollection&nbsp;that this stud is a weak spot? Don't know anything
about the motor/block, was donated to me, it did have antifreeze in it when I
started working on it, so? Interesting how it travels from the jacket through
the stud hole and continues out to the exterior. Does not appear to run deep,
maybe an inch or so.</div>
depending on comments and his thoughts&nbsp;will have it cleaned and thoroughly
inspected and magged.</div>
href="http://www.fot-racing.com"; target="_blank"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target="_blank"
rel="noopener">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a