fot

[Fot] TR3 finishes 4th

To: Friends of Triumph <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3 finishes 4th
From: DAVE HOGYE via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 15:31:43 -0700 (PDT)

------=_Part_19958_2002357278.1570573903925

Hello Friends,
I raced at Sonoma this past weekend and had a very good result.  4th of 36 in a
serious group of cars.  I qualified 5th, but the Lotus Mk6 just ahead of me
didn't make the race.  The one and only Porsche Cooper (famously known as the
Pooper) finished first and ran on average, 8.5 seconds a lap faster than my
TR's 2:05.  The second place Devin Porsche ran 2:03s.  I got into third place
near the end of the race after a very fast Formula Vee pulled off.  I had a
race long battle with an Alfa Spider, but the Spider got by me after I got
stuck behind a Lotus 11 that I was about to lap.  The veteran Lotus driver
suddenly found some speed and decided to race me and the Alfa on the last lap.
Neither of us were able to get by before the checker.  The Lotus finished 27th.

A V8 Devin SS finished 5th after spinning twice, once in the first lap after
passing me and a '64 Alfa TZ finished 6th, followed by a Lotus 11, Jon
Gannaway's TR4, a Lotus 17 and a '57 Corvette in the top ten.
This was my 19th event with my TR3 that still has a perfect record, finishing
every lap of every session of every event, with only basic tuning, valve
adjustments and oil changes and an estimated 120-125 HPs at the crank.
I plan on building a new racier engine this winter.
Stay tuned for race video.
Cheers,
Dave
------=_Part_19958_2002357278.1570573903925

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Hello Friends,
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   I raced at Sonoma this past weekend and had a very good result. &nbsp;4th of
36 in a serious group of cars. &nbsp;I qualified 5th, but the Lotus Mk6 just
ahead of me didn't make the race. &nbsp;The one and only Porsche Cooper
(famously known as the Pooper) finished first and ran on average, 8.5 seconds a
lap faster than my TR's 2:05. &nbsp;The second place Devin Porsche ran 2:03s.
&nbsp;I got into third place near the end of the race after a very fast Formula
Vee pulled off. &nbsp;I had a race long battle with an Alfa Spider, but the
Spider got by me after I got stuck behind a Lotus 11 that I was about to lap.
&nbsp;The veteran Lotus driver suddenly found some speed and decided to race me
and the Alfa on the last lap. &nbsp;Neither of us were able to get by before
the checker. &nbsp;The Lotus finished 27th. &nbsp;
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   A V8 Devin SS finished 5th after spinning twice, once in the first lap after
passing me and a '64 Alfa TZ finished 6th, followed by a Lotus 11, Jon
Gannaway's TR4, a Lotus 17 and a '57 Corvette in the top ten.&nbsp;
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   This was my 19th event with my TR3 that still has a perfect record,
finishing every lap of every session of every event, with only basic tuning,
valve adjustments and oil changes and an estimated 120-125 HPs at the
crank.&nbsp;
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   I plan on building a new racier engine this winter.
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Stay tuned for race video.&nbsp;
color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   Cheers,