fot

Re: [Fot] Bent SU needles

To: Robert Johns <rjohns@woh.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bent SU needles
From: Kas Kastner via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:47:41 -0800
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000033c7fc057abd86ba

I too have been there with the S.U's in pieces Bob , my wife sitting in the
psgr seat being VERY nice about it all and countless tries finally got
things working well enough to drive home form the dealers shop. They had
kindly allowed me to use the shop afer a compettion but failed to leave
some one to guard me from myself. I guess that is how you learn, especially
in the olden days with no manuals or internert, duh.............. which
part is the jet? all this circa 1952.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM Robert Johns via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D550986> for
> Windows 10
>
> I got to tell you a story about bent SU needles.  The very first sports
> car that acquired was in Germany in 1954.  I was Air Force and one of the
> flying officers got in deep trouble with the civilian governments and the
> air force and was what they called =E2=80=9Criffed=E2=80=9D and sent home=
.  He had a 48 MG
> TC that he had taken over to Germany from the states, that got left behin=
d,
> when he was sent home. Through a fellow sports car club member, we
> negotiated a deal, and I got the MG for about  $400, I think.  We towed  =
it
> to the hanger that I worked out of, and I started to learn something abou=
> MGs.  Some where along the line I took one of the SUs apart. I took the
> screws out of the bell and lifted the bell up.  Guess what, the piston ca=
me
> up also and proceeded to drop to the ground. The needle was badly bent bu=
> was not broken.  So, I proceeded to do the roll trick and straightened it
> the best that could.  The next time I had a day off I drove  to Koln in t=
he
> MG and got a new set of needles from the importer. End of story.

--00000000000033c7fc057abd86ba

y wife sitting in the psgr seat being VERY nice about it all and countless =
tries finally got things working well enough to drive home form the dealers=
 shop. They had kindly allowed me to use the shop afer a compettion but fai=
led to leave some one to guard me from myself. I guess that is how you lear=
n, especially in the olden days with no manuals or internert, duh..........=
.... which part is the jet? all this circa 1952.=C2=A0<br clear=3D"all"><di=
v><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signat=
=3D"ltr">On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM Robert Johns via Fot &lt;<a href=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px=
 #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

/?LinkId=3D550986" target=3D"_blank">
Mail</a> for Windows 10</p>
=A0 The very first sports car that acquired was in Germany in 1954.=C2=A0 I=
 was Air Force and one of the flying officers got in deep trouble with the =
civilian governments and the air force and was
 what they called =E2=80=9Criffed=E2=80=9D and sent home.=C2=A0 He had a 48=
 MG TC that he had taken over to Germany from the states, that got left beh=
ind, when he was sent home. Through a fellow sports car club member, we neg=
otiated a deal, and I got the MG for about =C2=A0$400, I think.=C2=A0
 We towed=C2=A0 it to the hanger that I worked out of, and I started to lea=
rn something about MGs.=C2=A0 Some where along the line I took one of the S=
Us apart. I took the screws out of the bell and lifted the bell up.=C2=A0 G=
uess what, the piston came up also and proceeded
 to drop to the ground. The needle was badly bent but was not broken.=C2=A0=
 So, I proceeded to do the roll trick and straightened it the best that cou=
ld.=C2=A0 The next time I had a day off I drove =C2=A0to Koln in the MG and=
 got a new set of needles from the importer. End

/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; rel=3D"noreferrer" t=
arget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>